· EMDK for Android support for SecureNFC APIs has been deprecated - The EMDKSecureNFC APIs which allow applications to perform secure communications with the NFCtags such as MifareDesfire, MifarePlus SL3 using the Secure Access Module (SAM) has been deprecated.
· Support for configuring DataWedge using EMDK Profile Manager has been deprecated - Profile Manager capabilities categorized under Data Capture has been
deprecated. Zebra recommends using DataWedge intent-based APIs to configure DataWedge profiles going forward.
· Supported Devices: For a complete list of supported devices, visit the TechDocs webpage.
· EMDK for Android support for all KitKat (Android 4.4.x) devices has been terminated - EMDK for Android v6.6 was the final version supporting KitKat (Android
4.4.3 or higher) devices. Starting from EMDK for Android v6.7, only the Lollipop or higherdevices are supported.
· EMDK OS update package for KitKat devices will no longer be distributed - The EMDK for Android v6.6 was the final version distributing EMDK OS update package with the PC/MAC installations for KitKat devices. For all Lollipop or higher devices, the EMDK update for a specific device will be distributed with the latest BSP or LifeGuard patch.
· EMDK for Android support for all Jelly Bean (Android 4.1.2) and TC70 KitKat (Android 4.4.2) BSP version 112414 devices has been terminated - EMDK for Android v5.0 was the final version supporting these devices.
· EMDK for Android support for Payment APIs has been terminated - The EMDK for Android v5.0 is the final version that supports Payment APIs.
· Support for ProfileConfig class has been deprecated - The ProfileConfig class which can be used to access the profile data has been deprecated. It is recommended to use the name-value pair function of Profile Manager feature. The Profile XML can also be directly modified. Refer to the Clock Sample for information on modifying Profile XML data.
· Support for ContinuousRead class has been deprecated - The ContinuousRead class which can be used to enable the continuous scanning has been deprecated. It is recommended to use the aimType, sameSymbolTimeout, differentSymbolTimeout of camera, imager and laser specific reader parameters.
· Support for picklist field has been deprecated - The picklist field used for enabling the picklist mode has been deprecated and it is replaced by the field picklistEx.
· Online Help: The EMDK for Android Help documentation is now available only online.The EMDK installation will no longer install the documentation on the development
· Online Samples: The EMDK Samples are now available only online. The EMDK installation will no longer install the samples on the development computer. The online
samples can be downloaded and used on the development computer.
The following software must be installed prior to using EMDK for Android:
Mac OS X: